When viewing Amharic / Ge'ez fonts on your ios device, you might see little squares or boxes if you don't have the proper font installed.
If you want to read and write Amharic (Ge'ez font) on your iPhone or iPad without spending a dime, here are the things you need to do.
- Go to the App Store and find an app called Geezr or Agerigna. (It's worth noting that there might be other apps that might accomplish what we're trying to do but the apps we have successfully tested are Geezr and Agerigna. The tutorial below will be for Geezr)
- Download it App and open it
- When you open the app, it might show you a short tutorial in a small 5 - 15 second video, so don't be alarmed if you see the screen flashing here and there. After it finishes you will see a few buttons. Next to the INSTALL FONT button, it will show you a red X sign, which means the font hasn't been installed
- Click on the INSTALL FONT button, It will show you another window to confirm your installation. Confirm your installation by clicking Install or by typing your passcode / touchID
- Once the font has been installed, you will see a small Green right icon next to the INSTALL FONT button.
Now you should be able to read Amharic fonts on your iPhone / iPad.