UPDATE [July 09, 2017] - List of Names of 40/60 Condominium Winners in Addis Ababa Ethiopia
[January 26, 2016] - Here is the latest information about 40/60 condominium houses in Addis Ababa.
According to the Addis Ababa Saving Houses Development Enterprise
- More than 1,200 condominium houses being built under the 40/60 housing scheme will be fully finalized by the end of next month.
- Senga tera and crown hotel sites have been finished.
- The asphalt road inside the kality crown condominium site has been completed.
- Construction of the asphalt road that links the Senga tera site with the main road will be started soon.
- Installation of power capable and water pipeline has been commenced in both Senga tera and kality crown hotel sites.
- 154,000 of the 160,000 people registered under the scheme are saving money each month.
- Out of these people, 11,800 people have paid the full amount (100%)
- Around 29,000 people have paid (40%) of the total cost.
- The ones who paid 100% will have priority when the condominium units are handed over to the home owners.
- Preparations have been finalized to begin the construction of 20,000 condominium units in addition to the 39,000 units being built in various sites.
- The new condominium buildings being built will be 18 storey buildings such as the ones found in Megenagna site.
[April 28, 2015] - Here is the latest news and update about the 40/60 Condominium Apartment Construction in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Ato Bizuneh Kinde, Director of Addis Ababa City Administration Saving Houses Development Enterprise (AASHDE) gave a statement on April 24th, 2015 stating that
- Total Number of people registered for the 40/60 housing program is 165,000
- 7,000 - 8,000 people have cancelled their registration
- 8,329 people have paid full amount and are currently waiting to get their homes ( New data suggests this number can reach upto 15,000 ). For details, please checkout 40/60, 20/80 and 10/90 condominium winners required to pay ....
- 20,973 people have paid 40% or more
- 1,992 40/60 condominium units will be transferred to home owners this year sometime around July (2007 Ethiopian Calendar)
- Priority will be given to people who have paid full amount during the registration
- Whether or not government employees will be given priority, compared to private employees is still under discussion
- The condominium units to be transferred to home owners are located in Senga tera and Crown hotel (Kality) sites.
- Crown hotel site has 882 houses in 14 blocks.
- Senga tera sites have 5 blocks and 340 houses.
- Only finishing work is remaining for the Senga tera and Crown hotel 40/60 condominium apartments
- The blocks are 9 and 12 Story blocks
- There are new 14,300 40/60 condominium houses that are being constructed in Bole and Hayat Sites.
Update [September 3, 2015] - 40/60 Condominium Locations, Number of Houses, Number of Blocks and Current Status
Update [June 19, 2015] -List of names of 40/60 condominium registered people in addis ababa has been released.