After the recent agreement of Commercial Bank of Ethiopia and Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority (AAWSA), customers can now pay their water bill using CBE Birr. Customers should have a CBE Birr account and should know their customer number before trying to make the payments. Customer number can be found from the previous payments bills which were done at Lehulu Payment Center. (Kifiya)
Inorder to pay your monthly water bill using Commercial Bank of Ethiopia’s CBE Birr, please follow the steps below
Please make sure you have registered to CBE Birr before trying this steps
- Dial *847# on your phone
- Write 5 and send for Payment Systems
- Write 2 and send to make payment by entering the service provider’s name
- Write 878787 and send (That’s Addis Ababa Water and Sewerage Authority’s (AAWSA) name which is the service provider)
- Write your customer number and send
- If your record is correct, you will get the client name which currently only shows Addis Ababa Water agency’s name and the amount to be paid.
- Confirm the payment and write your CBE birr pin if requested
You should get a confirmation text message if your payment was successfull.
You can combine steps 1 – 4 by directly dialing *847*5*2*878787# and continue with steps 5.
If you are sure about your customer name, you can even shorten the payment process directly dialing *847*5*2*878787*YourCustomerNumber# and continue with step 6